Our Speech Pathologists support people who have speech or swallowing difficulties.
Icaria Health Speech Pathologists work with people who have deficits in communicating and those who experience difficulties swallowing because of a variety of issues.
For example, our Speech Pathologists work with people with developmental delays, stroke, brain injuries, learning disability, intellectual disability, cerebral palsy, dementia and hearing loss, as well as other difficulties that can affect speech and language.
Some ways in which our Speech Pathologists can help improve your daily life are:
- Swallowing assessments
- Individualised mealtime management plans;
- Safe swallowing strategies and recommendations
- Communication assessments
- Communication Therapy
- Assessment and recommendations for Augmentative and Alternative Communication (AAC)
- Training, support and reviews of the use of AAC
- Communication aid recommendations